Every day is a good day to be grateful. I find myself, the older I get, the more grateful I am for family, friends and all other virtually everything in my life right now. Also for the life that God has blessed me with, although it wasn’t very easy to getting here, although I could probably have taken a shorter way around. But I guess I am more like the children of Israel – I had to go around a mountain or two to get here.
When I got stuck, I’d think of the places I traveled and walked over the last years, where did my feet hit solid ground? From there, the strong, silky tendrils spun out across the room, connecting one detail to another.
Each place that I went held its own blessings, there is some sadness in looking back, but through the lens of gratitude, it’s mostly Joy.
Anyway, this is the time, the time to remembering what we are thankful for.
Today I created my A to Z gratitude list of some of the things for which I am most grateful. Trust me; gratitude is the place to start if you really want to move forward, it eliminates negativity and energizes the spirit.
I believe every individual, no matter what your situations are, there is always something for which you can feel grateful.
Here is my 2010 gratitude list from A to Z:
• Allah – after long searching, finally I find who is my best guider, supporter, protector, guardian and provider, you are the greatest and I thank you for everything.
• Brain – it functions most of the time, it gives me the ability to care for others, and the curiosity to search deeper into my soul.
• Computer and Chat – store my work; let me keep up contact easily with family and friends.
• Difference – between reviewing something in my head vs. review it in black and white. I thought pick up a pen will turns into a huge burden in my head, but it is actually quite simple 🙂
• Exploration – in many ways, it was a hard year for me. I was challenged to push myself through situations that were not comfortable but were good for my growth. Sometimes I failed and went back to the drawing board, it was a hard year financially but I didn’t give up. I’m hoping all the structures I put into place this coming up year will bear fruit both financially and spiritually.
• Food, Friends, Family and Festivities – best when combined together, both online and offline.
• Grandpa – he was an angel.
• Healthy – parents, family members, myself, friends and those whom close to me.
• Interest, Intellect and Internet – the ability to contemplate and making friends with people around the world. I appreciated all of you that connected with me on my Facebook and ALB Community
• Joy – the pure joy of writing every day, blogging, business, lists, practices, cooking, reading, any of it, all of it, these creative endeavors bring me JOY.
• Kindred Spirits and Knowledge – those who walk parallel paths, the faces change from time to time, some walk hand in hand for a while, then drop away due to so many different reasons. But I’m grateful for the time I walked with them, and now I’m grateful for those who are new to me and have come into my life at just the right time.
• Laughter – the best medicine, great for the heart and soul.
• My Mom – skypes with family, listen to her told me other people’s (I have no idea who they are) silly story through long distance call, sometime she made me laugh a lots, that’s her, my amazing mom!
• No Regrets – I haven’t always made the best choices but I’ve learned from them. I’m learning to forgive myself.
• Old – comfy clothes on the weekend.
• Peace – from any aspect, positive energy activates constant elevation, don’t worry and be happy.
• Quran, Quiet and Quality Time – read the best book Quran in the morning when the birds singing accompany me, the late at night when the sky is cover with all the beautiful stars and moon. Spent quality time with myself, with the people I love, connecting with those that close to me, and learning how to keep the well full so I still have something to give back.
• Rain – raining hard on a hot morning.
• Secret, Strength and Silence – the knowledge it gives me to continue each day, the strength is given to me to overcome the challenges in every unexpected situations, and the golden sound of silence, prayers that exercise with every muscle in my body, strength in the vulnerability of silence.
• Twittering, Talking and Texting – with friends as well as with strangers.
• Unity – of any kind and the harmony in my life.
• Vast Views – I can see different shape of new high rise buildings and nice pond from my window.
• Writing and Weather – sharing without having to trip over my tongue, grateful for the all year round hot weather (summer) that I don’t need to wear those thick, heavy winter clothes 😉
• Xylophone – the opportunity to attend an awesome xylophone concert.
• You – You, and you, and you, and especially YOU! Whoever is reading this at this moment, for all your support, encouragement and willingness to share, I’m grateful for you.
• Zzzz – whenever I can get them 😀
Now I must go pray for the coming up year’s blessings … everything