If you’ve been working out for awhile, you may have learn that building enough strength to support your body’s metabolism is the first step in any good fat loss program after you’ve ‘activated’ your nervous system. There are many reasons for this, but here are the top 3 that Dr. Karam from Raging Fatloss suggested:
1. Muscle raises your metabolism and makes fat loss much easier
2. Losing fat and having no muscle looks weird and awkward
3. Muscle pads and protects joints, which contributes to your long-term fitness success
It is really does towards your body craves muscle, he said, by building a solid base of muscle, and remaining within your intended BMI (body mass index = weight in kg divided by height in meters squared —> kg/m2), you are signaling to your body that you’re ready for growth, in some form.
In other words, you are toughening your body, so it will allow you to do more stuff, such as lose fat and look great, or become an avid runner, or take the children to the park and not get out of breath when you play with them.
In order to build muscle and increase your metabolism, blew are the four techniques he recommended to use:
1. Partial range of motion training to work on strength of bones and connective tissue
2. High rep, moderate weight, explosive training for targeting the nervous system to increase efficiency and strength
3. Very high rep training to increase capillary density
4. Fascial stretching to expand the room the muscles have to grow
So try out those techniques and see how it is works for you.
Don’t quit, keep fit!