The world has never been so advanced before, at least that’s what some people claimed these days. Everyday, there is always something new to do, to see and to discover. The new technology coming out almost every day. Just by looking around, you will see almost everyone is chasing money or education to advance his/her life, or working hard to buy the latest model of iphone, car, TV, or whatever else that’s in style.
Admit to it, people become so busy today, no matter they are single, married, students, young or old. Some of us have to work all day, by the time we come out from work, we got too exhausted to do anything else other than sleep, this sort of pattern just repeat again and again, day by day.
There’s only 24 hours in a day. With so many things to do, how much time you actually spend with Allah? How do you remember HIM? By that, here are some of the wisdom collection I would like to share with you. And hope you can gain the benefits from understand them.
1. Remembrance of Him is the light of the heart, and His presence is the key to the invisible.
2. Real knowledge of what is good implies dwelling in it and real knowledge of evil implies the departure from it.
3. Real prostration is the yielding of the heart to the ordinance of the Lord.
4. If anyone has faith in the divine apportionment (qisma), he should not dispute the divine wisdom (hikma).
5. There are two virtues that facilitate the way to God; mystical knowledge and love. Your love for material things renders you blind and deaf.
6. Mystical knowledge is that which has severed you everything except God and brought you back to Him.
7. Whenever the lower self (nafs) is dominant and the spirit (ruh) is subordinate, then occur drought and sterility, the whole order is overturned, and every evil befalls. So heed the guiding of Qur’an and the healing words of His Apostle.
8. Any affliction for which a hope for reward is entertained and punishment is feared, is not an affliction. An affliction for which a reward is not hoped nor a punishment is feared — that only is an affliction.
9. O servant of God, detach yourself from converse with the lower-self, the desire of Satan, obedience to lust, and emotion of chronic illness, and you will be righteous.
10. Sustenance is divinely apportioned. It is not the piety of a pious man that increases it nor it is the impiety of an impious man that diminishes it.
11. Preserve God in the heart and He will preserve you. Keep God in mind and you will find Him in front of you. Worship God with means of purification and be of the thankful ones.
[Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al- Shadhili]
1. He who walks on the mystic path, has no longing after fine palaces and fair gardens; in his heart is nothing but the pain of yearning love of God.
2. Though you build lofty palaces as high as the heavens, yet in the end you will come to be buried under the earth.
3. Be not unmindful of Eternity and set not your heart upon the transient goods of this world.
4. Be patient in the midst of the trials and tribulations of this life and when things go well give thanks to God Most High.
5. He who truly knows God by contemplation, realizes that Eternal life means passing away from the personal self — without this knowledge man has no real existence.
6. Seek for Reality within your own heart, for Reality, in truth, is hidden within you.
7. Cast aside the veil from existence and nonexistence, and you will see forthwith the true meaning of God’s purpose.
8. O Lord! How glorious is the manifestation of Your Light! You are the Sought and the Seeker.
[Above quotes by Khwaja Fariduddin Attar]
No matter how rich, or poor, how great your lineage, tribe or your nation is, if you are disobedient and a non believer, then you are in loss. It does not matter how much wealth and materialistic things you own, in the end, you are in loss, a great one at that. (Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds)