Today, I slow down the pace just in time for the holiday weekend. I hope with the warmth of your loved ones around you, you’re doing the same. I feel like want to stay away from my PC for while, just relax, spend some quality time with my books, you know – I’m so looking forward to get some quiet and downtime!
The quiet time that I am planning to spend for myself will open up a nice creative space for me to evaluate my business and start planning for a prosperous new year. Hope I can end the year on a high note and have a lot to cheer about in 2012.
Before going to the detail, I want to let you know that MBA Awesome Project Board – Online Jobs is launched. If you are looking for a work-from-home type of job or a part-time job, there may have some potential jobs for you on the project board, so go there check it out.
Alright, now, Here are the few things I am going to do:
1. Clean out my filing cabinet, bookshelf, desk and drawers etc – The best way to get those work done is to put on some good music, start to digging and make piles. By that, I need to have plenty of trash bags and cardboard file boxes on hand.
2. Clean up my computer – Yea, both of my PC and laptop hold lots of information that’s crucial to my business, so take care of them is a must thing to do! I will get rid of those unnecessary files, archive old files to an external hard drive, do system maintenance, and add more disk space for all those stuff that I downloaded etc. I know this task will take some of my time to get it done.
3. Revamp my ezine – As you might know, have a ready list of warm prospects is the goldmine for your business. For the long-term, having an ezine will position you for more sales . I think the beginning of the New Year is the perfect time to release my first issue!
4. Clean out that e-mail inbox and stay more organized – It is hard for me to believe that I have over 12k e-mails that sit on my inbox!! It includes unanswered, people who I need to follow-up with, some information are not recorded and some of them not filed in the proper places etc. To make my work more efficiency, I need to set “rules” to automatically sort incoming emails into each own folders.
5. Write down my 10 best accomplishments for the year of 2011 – I do this exercise every year, it is a very simple task but it is extremely powerful. I writing down them first, then taking each one in and read them aloud, after the last one, I will IMMEDIATELY make a list of 7 (maybe more) goals for the new year.
Finally, not to mention about the stress (more or less) from work and business in this modern world we are living, sometime, just normal daily life can also drive you crazy too. So it is crucial that you give your body, mind and soul a rest and to let them get balanced. For that, I will go for a good Thai massage, also go for a leisurely shopping in the new mall.
Appreciate what you have, be grateful, good to yourself, enjoy your family and friends, to give to others are awesome things to do as well.
No matter what you plan to do, I wish you and your family the very best holiday season. Regardless, of your celebrations, I also wanted to let you know how delighted I feel for being able to work for and with you all.
I feel very, very blessed to have you here!
Thank you, thank you for all that you do.
May 2012 be your most joyful and prosperous year yet!!