Let’s get this one out in the open:
1. Fats do not make you gain bodyfat.
2. Fats do not put you on Heart Attack Row.
3. Fats are not the enemy.
We’ve been sold a bag of lies when it comes to fats.
Fats are essential for your body’s hormone production, skin health, absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, and even burning bodyfat. Yep… you need fats to burn fat!
Studies have been conducted to attempt to elevate cholesterol levels using high-fat diets. Most all of them have failed miserably – in fact several “lowered” total cholesterol while raising the so-called “good” cholesterol (HDL).
That being said, you don’t need the following…
1. A lot of fats in your diet. Fats still contain over twice the calories per gram as carbs and protein.
2. Any kind of “fake fats” – margarine or processed oils of any kind are highly dangerous foods.
Here’s a simple dietary fats solution:
1. Eat fats as they occur in nature, but eat at least 80% as they “actually” occur in nature – meaning from grass-fed and free-range sources. The extra cost is worth it. It tastes better and your medical costs will well offset the few dollars more per pound you pay.
2. Cook with a combination of olive oil and coconut oil, but use both sparingly. If you are eating plenty of animal protein you do not need excessive fats… not because of ‘danger’ but because of needless calories. Not a good idea if you’re wanting to keep your abs. But a bit of raw butter or olive oil can make bland veggies taste wonderful, so feel free.
Also, omega 3-rich fats like olive oil and fish (and especially fish oil) help lower inflammation. That’s the real culprit behind heart disease in most cases.
3. Avoid a lot of fats at night. The night-time meals should be high in lean protein (tuna, tofu, turkey breast) with very limited fats if you are wanting to really get lean. If you are just trying to shed bodyweight slowly, it’s okay to have some fats at night.
Just do me a favor: If you are on the “Fats make you gain bodyfat and have heart attacks” bandwagon, jump off. We have consumed fat for countless thousands of years. Just consume it the way we always HAVE (naturally, not stuffed with hormones and cooked up in a lab) and you’ll be fine.
If you want a diet-solution that actually uses dietary fats to help you take off the bodyfat, then use this one: 7 Minute Muscle <--- Eat Fats, Burn Bodyfat!It's a real-world plan that allows you to eat your favorite foods and still shed the body weight you want.And yes - that includes fats 🙂